Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGXfanatic

TrackIR 4 or 5 software

I am a long time TrackIR 4 Pro user, and I'm very happy with the hardware.  I have always used the TrackIRv4 program when using FSX, but I understand there is a TrackIRv5 app as well.  I decided to give v5 a try, because I get some occasional crashes with v4, or sometimes the head movement goes haywire and I'm forced to restart the program.  I was curious to see if v5 offered any benefit, but when I tried it out I found that I missed some things I enjoyed with the older program, specifically:

1.  For some reason if I paused trackir with EZCA on, I lost the ability to use my joystick's hatswitch to pan around the cockpit.  I refuse to use TrackIR for the entire session, and I must have access to my joystick's pan when I pause Trackir tracking.  

2. Even though I copied over my v4 settings as closely as I could, including the "optimized flight" profile I love, I found head movement a lot faster, unpleasantly so.  I know I could play around with the smoothness settings, but because of the above hatswitch issue, I grew impatient and gave up.

I have since returned to v4's GUI.   But I have to know, are any Trackir 4 Pro users using the v5 GUI when using FSX, and why?  Is the program more stable, and are there settings I missed that I need to adjust?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!