Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Ainscough

FSGRW = no turbulence with AccuFeel?

Has anyone else had a problem with NO turbulence at all after installing FSGRW and using their "Static Weather" with AccuFeel v2 in FSX?

Prior to installing FSGRW, AccuFeel v2 did a great job at working with REX Weather and Turbulence.  Now I'm using FSGRW and I have AccuFeel turned up to 100% and I still never get any turbulence (or it's very very minor, barely a hiccup) ... I get the flying on rails experience.  So I went back to using REX weather engine and the Turbulence started working again and I had to turn down AccuFeel (50%).

I've located major storms over the globe and flew in those locations knowing there will be turbulence, yet I get nothing.  I get the correct depiction of clouds and rain with FSGRW, just no turbulence?

Any hints on how I might get turbulence back with FSGRW?

Thanks, Rob.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Interesting question Rob.. I don't use AccuFeel but I do have FSPassengers and I'm finding that the turbulence found through FSGRW is much better than rex. For instance when I enter the clouds almost always there's a little rocking and rolling and the passengers show as frightened accordingly. Furhtermore this is shown by PMDG's excellent modelling of their 777, I can see the wings flopping around which is awesome. SO with FSGRW I can definitely confirm that there is plenty of turbulence occuring but I'm sorry I can't be the missing link on the AccuFeel question

turbulence found through FSGRW is much better than rex

Thanks for input Paul, I solved my problem, it was an AccuFeel setting -- there is a Global Turbulence setting (in addition to aircraft specific turbulence settings) that I turned up and all is good now.

FSGRW is definitely a great weather engine ... the more I use it the more I like it.

Rob.