Sign in to follow this  
boeingaviation

Frozen MFD & PFD

Hi,

Firstly I love flying this lovely Bird, she's and awesome plane, and once again PMDG have done an awesome job!

Just one small issue I have which hopefully someone can assist me with is that my MFD & Primary flight display freeze during cruise and I actually have to click on the screen to enlarge it to see the correct displayed information. Like right now I'm flying and they are frozen but when I click on them to make them bigger they display the flightplan correctly (to where I currently am). On decent they seem to fix themselves decending through about FL200.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Cheers,

Just out of curiosity, where are you in the world? This happens often when I'm not in radio rich environments - such as the North Atlantic. It's an FSX issue if I'm not mistaken... To fix it, try cycling through all the cockpit views with shortcut 'A' back to your original view. Normally fixes it for me. 

I think Luke is spot on. When you cycle through the views in FSX, but there is no tower around and therefore the view cycles from cockpit to spot view and back to cockpit, it will freeze the displays. As Luke says, simply cycle through the interior views to restore them.

It's a strange bug in FSX itself that never got fixed, but it definitely has something to do when you are in remote locations that don't have any tower views available and you try to cycle through the main views.

Its in the intro manual aswell. It says dont use S and A to cycle through views but use right mouse button. If it does freeze go to the view of cockpit(where the 2D would be, if it existed) and back to yhe VC.