Sign in to follow this  
agutz

RC4 can't save panel state of PMDG 777 (but FSX can)

For some time there have been posts in this forum about problems restarting a flight by reloading a previously saved .rcd file.
Specifically: RC4 not being able to correctly save panel states of advanced a/c like PMDG's 747X, 737NGX, 777.

When I contacted JD about it the reply was: RC4 cannot do it. That is obviously true. But when you save a .rcd file FSX simultaneously saves a situation with the correct panel state. So it is just a matter of combining the two: Loading the "good" panel state saved by FSX after the "bad" panel state saved by RC4.

In detail:
Save the flight with your keyboard definition in RC4 "Save RC/SF State".
When you restart the flight do everything as described in the manual p 118, 119.
In RC4's "Load previuosly saved RCDs" load the .rcd that has been created by RC4.
This will load the situation with the incomplete panel state (black instruments, plane rapidly loosing altitude, etc)

Now go ASAP to the FSX menu FLIGHTS - LOAD and load the flight having the same name as the .rcd you loaded in RC4.
This flight has the correct panel state.
RC4 will stay connected when you load this file and will continue to guide your flight.

This works for me and I hope it will work for you.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller