Sign in to follow this  
phil white

Is my pc good enough?

My system runs 737NGX nice and smooth but just wondering if anyone can tell me if it will run the 777 as smooth

System specs are...

Core I5 3570k @4.2ghz

EVGA GTX660 superclocked 3gb card

8gb DDR3 1866mhz

MSi Z77 mainboard

Thanks.

I have a very similar system, i5 3570k o/c to 4.4ghz and GTI 660 graphics card, same memory, tweaked cfg file.

I personally find the 777 slightly worse for FPS, in the region of about 2-3 less compared to the NGX.

I use AS2012 plus Gatwick Extreme, and a few other addon airports. In the air I get the 30fps that I have locked. On the ground with the addon scenery I get anything from 19-21 FPS with the 777. To be honest it's still very smooth at that FPS.

Thanks for that, I recently bought the Fly Tampa Dubai rebooted and was surprised how little impact it has on fps.

Thanks for that, I recently bought the Fly Tampa Dubai rebooted and was surprised how little impact it has on fps.

You'll be fine with that system!