Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

Need Help With Stutters...

Guest stneaga

>I have a Freedom 2.4 cordless joystick by logic tech. This>seems to have broke or something. >>I noticed odd things happening and thus not being able to>cabibrate it anymore. I reinstalled the latest drivers and>found that my aircraft was just spinning in circles on the>ground and impossiable to control. >I removed the drivers and unpluged the USB stick. The stutters>are now gone. >>XP does not seem to sense the stick once plug-in, but does>show in the control panel under game controllers...just can>not do anything with it as far as calibration. I guess it is>time for a good old microsoft stick. It is a shame, had this>stick for just over a year and now it seems broke...at least>it will not work. >Good Thing Christmas is near. It will take me that long to get>everything back installed and with any luck a new stick will>be under the tree.>>...any ideas why the stick broke??Hi all,I use also a Logitech Cordless Freedom 2.4I notice a long time now, that this is mabe the reason for more stutters in FS9Could it be possible, that a cordless USB Joystick causes Stutters in FS9??That's my sneaking suspicion, the last month. Do you think, a non-cordless Joystick like Microsoft or Logitech is the better choice, to avoid more stutters in FS9If that the case, I have to change very fast my cordless Joystick to a non-cordless one.Many thanks for your inputB.R.

Guest stneaga

>I have a Freedom 2.4 cordless joystick by logic tech. This>seems to have broke or something. >>I noticed odd things happening and thus not being able to>cabibrate it anymore. I reinstalled the latest drivers and>found that my aircraft was just spinning in circles on the>ground and impossiable to control. >I removed the drivers and unpluged the USB stick. The stutters>are now gone. >>XP does not seem to sense the stick once plug-in, but does>show in the control panel under game controllers...just can>not do anything with it as far as calibration. I guess it is>time for a good old microsoft stick. It is a shame, had this>stick for just over a year and now it seems broke...at least>it will not work. >Good Thing Christmas is near. It will take me that long to get>everything back installed and with any luck a new stick will>be under the tree.>>...any ideas why the stick broke??Hi all,I use also a Logitech Cordless Freedom 2.4I notice a long time now, that this is mabe the reason for more stutters in FS9Could it be possible, that a cordless USB Joystick causes Stutters in FS9??That's my sneaking suspicion, the last month. Do you think, a non-cordless Joystick like Microsoft or Logitech is the better choice, to avoid more stutters in FS9If that the case, I have to change very fast my cordless Joystick to a non-cordless one.Many thanks for your inputB.R.

Thanks Greg, I use AutoStart. I start with 40 + processes and end with about 20 + processes on the task manager. I never thought but maybe the HiJackThis log should be run after AutoStart has started? I also installed the freeware 'Spyware Doctor' which lists a bunch things, but they (of course)want you to buy it to get rid of the stuff. I'm thinking about un-installing it. "fear" like "sex" sells products and politics.How did you tell I didn't have a virus'? Would 'virus' be listed?I know exactly what you are talking about with my Texture_Bandwidth_Mult and stutters in a turn. I can also see stutters while looking at the scenery out of the cockpit side window (while close to the ground)and in spot view. My machine is Pent 4, 3 Ghz 128MB 9800 pro with 1024 of ram.Thanks again

Guest SoarPics

"How did you tell I didn't have a virus'? Would 'virus' be listed?"There were a couple of entries that I was unfamiliar with, but Googling the .exe revealed they were legit. But you do have alot of stuff running that doesn't need to be at start-up. Most software producers have their products running at start up by default... drives me crazy! On my system the only thing running at start up is my AV (AVG), and I have 14 processes running at desk top (SP2 added a couple).Creative sound cards have numerous .exe active at start up and most can be shut down. The best choice for Creative sound cards is the KX Audio drivers, although once the Creative stuff is installed on a system it can be as difficult to remove as Norton software. Also, you have alot of McAfee stuff running, and I doubt they all need to be active to protect yourself.Just curious... what video card tweaker are you using? Most of the ATI processes can be shut down (ATI Hotkey Poller and ATI Smart are always Disabled in my Services. I use the Omega drivers that include Radlinker... a pretty good driver tweaker).Take some time to decide what you absolutely, positively must have running at start up. You'd be surprised how much of your durrently running processes can be removed from the start up list with little or no effect on your computing habits. But doing so will yield a very nice cumulative performance increase for your system. You may not see such a profound increase while gaming (because you use FSAutostart).Cheers,Greg

Greg The zip is named 'board' and the ReadMe uses the name PCI Latency Tool v2.0 I got it from what was listed in this thread.I haven't run the installer yet. When I do, I guess I'm suppose to look for the PCI latency for the video card to be set around 32 or 64. Not really clear on what I will see.

Greg, my PCI latency was set at 255. Probably like Bill's (above) who had 248. It was the only latency figure above 64. So I reset it to 64 to match the rest. BIG BIG difference to the better, things smoothed right out. Even replay smoothed out. I did the test with NO clouds. I had to restart the computer a couple of times to make sure the new figure took, so far everything is great. Is this one of the tweekes listed at the beginng of the forum? It should be.Thanks again.

HiI'm also working through a stutter problem.I've done everything here (latency, spysweepers, driver, fsautostart)and there are improvements, however when I switch views, the stutter in 2d view returns until I press the alt key to bring up the toolbar. When I press again to return to flight all stutters have gone, until I cycle through the views and back again.Stutter is always there a bit in VC view.Just wondered why the alt key was clearing it and if it gave a clue to my stutter?Resetting the latency worked a treat.RegardsGraeme

Guest MrBitsy

First time I saw this tip I rushed off to get the program. I have a Gigabyte ATI X800XT platinum Edition and assumed I would benefit, as all cards are said to be set high by default.I was surprised to see my card set at 64 by default!Ray Keattch.