Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Lukla (Nepal) Landclass question

I wonder if anyone who has a few moments could see what their landclass looks like just south of Lukla airport (see screenshot).Last time I flew there the river valleys didn't look like this (i.e. green!).

I have the Aerosoft Lukla scenery installed, but disabling that changes nothing. The sheer mountain sides are also very dark green, instead of rock. I have disabled all my landclass files for the sake of experiment, but the effect is similar: a tiny variation with changes of the season, but basically very similar.

I have been to this very spot (trekking of course) and the river valleys are not full of vegetation like this, let alone the vertical mountain slopes!

Will continue troubleshooting meanwhile, but comments appreciated.

Martin

Kind of thing that drives me nuts!! I know I removed the Aerosoft Lukla scenery from the setup before posting, with no change. Now I go back to test in more detail, removing batches of sceneries until I find the one installing these textures, it is indeed the Aerosoft Lukla folder. Doubtless I did something wrong first time...

The bgl files that create this effect are the ones ending in _5. Given what I say above, maybe all this vegetation is due to a replacement texture file I have installed somewhere since I last flew this region. I'd still be interested to know then if anyone who has the AS Lukla scenery gets the same thing.

Here is the view with the _5.bgl files disabled...