Sign in to follow this  
Delta 763

LSH Maddog full INS + CMA900... Some questions

Hello there!

I'm eager to fly the maddog with the fully analogue panel. However, there's no documentation around which explains the programming of the INS (it's different from the CIVA).

Furthermore, do I even need to setup the INS since I'm able to program the Route into the CMA900? And what do I need to do to set the autopilot up to follow the CMA/INS?.

I hope someone out there knows more about this topic and is willing to share his knowledge!

Best regards,

Felician

Hi,

The CMA900 can be used in a really simple way.

Just click on Company Routes and you can upload the full flightplan.

You can add the SID/STARS in the DEP/ARR page.

By changing the switch position from Radio to Nav, the HSI will show the coupled FMS routing.

There is no VNAV, but you can use the PMS to manage your vertical profile

beta.gif

I have very limited time with the analogue version of the Maddog, but I believe, as Neil said above, the CMA900 is effectively the 'head unit' of the INS; so I believe you would use the CMA900 to load up your flight, and you shouldn't need to do much at all with the actual INS.     The CMA900 is effectively a more intelligent / useful front end, but the navigation is still undertaken by the INS.  (I don't think it uses GPS because if it did refer to GPS for accuracy updates, it would make it an IRS (Inertial Reference System) rather than a standalone (driftable!) INS).

INS = Completely standalone gyro / accelerometer based navigation system

IRS = As above but updated for accuracy by reference to either ground stations or GPS