Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Flaps don't extend or retract normally--or at all

After years of faithful service on my rig with FS2004, I am finding that the Queen will often not extend or retract flaps normally in response to commands to do so.  The flap synoptic in the VC will display the commanded position in magenta, but there will often be no movement of the flap up or down to the commanded position.  I have to click around on the synoptic with the MS hand or go to the 2D cockpit, or go to spot view, to get the flap to actually respond.  In addition, the flap will sometimes move unbelievably slowly or abnormally quickly into the commanded position.  This is a relatively new and weird problem I've never had before.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

JS

I don't have an answer for the 2D/3D cockpit problem. Buy as being a real 747 mechanic, I can tell on the real aircraft flaps will move slowly while going from retracted to position 5 and then they will move really faster. During retraction sequence, flaps will move really quickly from position 30 to position 5 and then they will move really slower to the full retracted position.