Sign in to follow this  
pilot2fly

Issues after FSX reinstall

Hello,

I have just reinstalled FSX completely as it was slow and sluggish and would often freeze. Reinstalling has fixed it, but now I'm having new issues.

First, my autopilot text seems to be non-existent. Here is a picture to show you:

fsxproblem_zps4c79f19d.png

I'm not sure why this isn't showing up, as FSX installed correctly. I think there might be a missing font, but I have no clue what it is or where to find it. Also, this issue is happening with every single plane, even payware aircraft radios.

Also, FSX is now crashing to desktop every time I use it. The first error in the Event Log showed it was the uiautomationcore.dll from the system32 directory of my computer. uiautomationcore.dll was not in my FSX main folder when this happened. I tried copying the file from the system32 folder to the main FSX directory and it still happens. Removed it, and it still continues.

Now, the error isn't giving a specific module, so I have no idea how to fix it. The error is as follows:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x77431a91
Faulting process id: 0x48c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cef212e0b81882
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: b92e1899-5e06-11e3-bed8-14dae9cb6de6
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

My specs are: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit, 6GB DDR3 RAM, Intel i5 2430M 2.4Ghz, Nvidia 540M GT 1GB

Well considering FSX has worked flawlessly for over 2 years on this laptop, I don't think that is the issue. I also forgot to mention that I keep my anti-malware/anti-virus up to date and run them weekly, to make sure my computer is clean, so I don't think it would be that either.