Sign in to follow this  
jeffer_1

Want to modify FS9 scenery, using the most user-friendly freeware software for FS9 under Win XP.

Hello there! 

I have been having lots of fun working with AFCAD 2.2.1 on FS9, that I am itching to enter the world of scenery modification.

Basically, I want to start on removing/moving trees and houses that are too close to my home airport, but then be able to place/move scenery like hangers and FBOs (either default scenery or perhaps addon) after I get the hang of things.  

If there is something user-friendly as AFCAD 2.2.1 is, that would be great. I just need to know what freeware to use, and where to obtain it.

My OS is Win XP Home, sp3.    Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Jeff

If there is something user-friendly as AFCAD 2.2.1 is, that would be great. I just need to know what freeware to use, and where to obtain it.

I would suggest you start with Airport Design Editor a.k.a. ADE by Jon Masterson a.k.a. Scruffyduck. There are enough similarities to AFCAD that it won't take long to get the hang of it and with some experience it can do very much more than AFCAD, such as what you described you wish to do for starters. I will let you discover for yourself how powerful and what all can be done with ADE. I would also like to take the time to thank Jon for the program and the support he provides for it. Great job!

Free and available here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=99

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mel