Sign in to follow this  
tommchowat

VC texture problem in low vis

Hi Guys.

See picture. Anyone know a fix for it? Happens whenever visibility is bad, clears again when visibility is good. As you can see the yoke, evac panel, standby instrument panel, parts of the overhead panel and several other buttons and switches have gone weird.

Bit of a shame now winter and all its associated weather is here! Anyone have the same problem?

http://s18.photobucket.com/user/tommchowat/media/mhgjd_zps0ee1e6ac.jpg.html

Have you tried rebuilding your shader cache? Worth a shot if you haven't done that.

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, I just tried it and it didn't work. 

I use Mogwaisoft Shade, do you think that's causing a problem?

I'll answer my own question as I just reverted to the default settings within Shade and it's still not fixed.

Nope.

Have also tried setting all my Nvidia Inspector settings back to default but that hasn't worked either.

Nope.

Have also tried setting all my Nvidia Inspector settings back to default but that hasn't worked either.

Well, I'm out of ideas. Have you submitted a ticket to PMDG, they should be able to get this fixed for you.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Righty Ho there's been a bit of progress (not positive, but uncovering something).

I tried fully updating Windows and NET frameworks but still nothing worked. I tried to remove all the ENB that I had in FSX and still the same. However, I closed down Opus and set my own weather to overcast and no visibility, and the main menu ended up looking like this:

jkytdjdf_zps77d7182c.jpg

As soon as I set a friendlier weather it was fine again. So I thought that's odd, I wonder if I try with another plane the same thing will happen. So I selected the NGX with rubbish weather, and the same thing happened. In the NGX itself the effect on certain panels are not as pronounced as they are in the 777 but it's definitely the same sort of effect.

So I think I can now deduce that it's actually something within the sim that's broken and not just in the 777. 

Like I said I tried without ENB and no change. What I'm slightly afraid of is that Shade has broken something. I'm pretty sure I backed up my original files before using the set and forget function, and I searched on what to do if you hadn't done that and I downloaded some presets from Shade which they themselves say is exactly the same as the FSX ten day cycle.

I'll be someone's new best friend if they can help me isolate this issue.