Sign in to follow this  
MarkHargrove

Networked Weather Only on P3D v2?

I've been using OpusFSX pretty much from the beginning and have been very happy with it.  I have a moderately complex setup, with six networked PCs, five of which are "external" displays.  I use the Live View feature to keep the displays synchronized.  Generally speaking, it works well and I've learned to live with the small stutters and "micro-lags".

Unfortunately, with P3Dv2, they're not "micro" any more -- the stutters and lags are severe.  P3Dv2 itself is giving me 60+ FPS on each of my slaves -- it's just that it's rendering 60 FPS of lags and stutters.  :-(

I switched back over to test Wideview with the same PC configuration -- it works pretty much flawlessly. Wideview has always been a little bit better at display synchronization, but the trade-off for the excellent weather synchronization with OpusFSX was well worth it.  With P3Dv2, sadly, it's unflyable (and this is as of yesterdays' beta -- 3.38.5, I think).

I seem to recall reading a release note somewhere along the way that OpusFSX can now be configured to provide networked weather without Live View enabled.  Is that correct, or just wishful thinking?  :-)  If that can be done, would somebody point me to a post or to a manual page where the setup for that is described?  I'd like to try a configuration where I use OpusFSX just for weather injection and synchronization between server and clients, and use Wideview for the display sync.

Thanks!

-M.

Please read the Announcements. You must enable Live View updates now otherwise you will only get about 4 updates a second. After enabling then tune your Live View using the test facility and scan rate configuration.

Stephen

Sorry to be dense, but what "Announcements"?  Is that a forum topic?  (If so, I couldn't find it).  I will experiment with the test facility this evening -- I forgot that that was added to the product a while ago (it's been that long since I had to adjust anything!)

Announcements is on our official forum SimForums here,

http://www.simforums.com/forums/announcements_topic42608_post294808.html#294808.

You must now enable Live View Updates on each client. Enable Run Client High Priority if required on your system, this helps some Live View networked systems operate more smoothly.

Here is a description of the Live View test,

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsx_getting_started_network2.htm#_Toc346716507

Cheryl