Sign in to follow this  
pks1414

Decision time

I have used FSX since god was a lad, however I am now considering whether to leap into the new territory of Prepar3d. My only concern is my setup, it is now a few years old and I really don't wish to do a complete re-build. Any advice would be good at this stage.

I am already thinking a new Graphics card is required so I am looking at a Gigabyte GeForce GTX770 Windforce 3x OC 4096mb GDDR5, also with a potential problem with power I am getting a new PSU (Corsair RM750)

My concern is that even after this my cpu will not be up to the job, I have an Intel i7 920 2.6 OC to 3.8. I also have 6gb of RAM.

Money is a bit tight so at the moment it wil be the GPU and power.

Will I be able to run Prepar3d v2 and notice any great changes from FSX

Thank you for any advice/tips

Paul

You will achieve a good result with this hardware platform and P3D2.

When I started to use P3D2 I also upgraded my graphic card to a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770  Windforce 3x OC 4096mb. This is a very good card for P3D.

Also FSX ran slightly better.

Best regards from RelaxX

Hello Paul,

If You have waited this long to swap - and are considering P3DV2 - You may be better off waiting a Month or 2 until after the first revision - I think it would be a much smoother and enjoyable transition after they work out a few Buggs !

I'm running Ver 1.4 for now - and I am going to go 64bit Win 7 and work that out before I make the V2 move !

However I am Totally looking forward to the V2.?? move ! - Also Hoping the Addon Market will EXPLODE in the meantime !!!

Good Luck and ENJOY FLY'IN That  SIM !!

Johnman