Sign in to follow this  
ryreaves

Aircraft is Uncontrollable After Saving then Reloading

The title says it all. If I save fsx then close it and try to reload a flight the aircraft often times will not behave. It will make a sound as if the aircraft is stalling and the speed on the PFD will be within the red buffer zone even though it is not a low speed. This really is a pain in the butt for me because a lot of times I save right before I land incase my flight sim freezes up or crashes  for whatever reason( I like to be careful). Of course if it does and I reload the plane most of the time I get this problem and my flight is basically ruined. Anyone else had anything similar to this? Any idea how to fix it? This doesn't happen to me with any other aircraft and its a good enough reason for me to not want to even bother with this aircraft... 

The title says it all. If I save fsx then close it and try to reload a flight the aircraft often times will not behave. It will make a sound as if the aircraft is stalling and the speed on the PFD will be within the red buffer zone even though it is not a low speed.  This really is a pain in the butt for me because a lot of times I save right before I land incase my flight sim freezes up or crashes for whatever reason( I like to be careful). Of course if it does and I reload the plane most of the time I get this problem and my flight is basically ruined. Anyone else had anything similar to this? Any idea how to fix it?

Hi, Ryreaves,

A couple of thoughts:

1)  When you reload the flight, you need to allow the initialization countdown to occur before the plane will behave properly.  Starting on short final, it is likely to crash before the initialization is complete.  A simple trick is to go into slew mode (Y key) and let it do the countdown. It needs to be unpaused.  When it's done initializing, then go back into normal mode.

2)  What is your default startup flight?  In the FSX opening window do you see the default Ultralite/Friday Harbor flight?  If you have some other aircraft, particularly a complex addon, as your default startup, no telling what will happen. 

3) Are you seeing the same panel state as when you saved?  For example, is the same flight plan showing on the ND and in the FMC screen?

4) You are probably not doing this since you reload after a crash, but just to cover it, if you load the T7 on top of itself you may get strange results.

Hope this helps.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

The panel state varies. Sometimes all the screens are blacked out,but if I try and reload it eventually I will get my correct panel state. The plane does appear to be flyable before the count down is over then after that count down thats when I hear that stall noise and the plane hardly responds to my commands(the throttle will work by the pitch and roll is very slow to non responsive) . My default is the Air Creation with Friday Harbor. 

The panel state varies. Sometimes all the screens are blacked out,but if I try and reload it eventually I will get my correct panel state. The plane does appear to be flyable before the count down is over then after that count down thats when I hear that stall noise and the plane hardly responds to my commands(the throttle will work by the pitch and roll is very slow to non responsive) . My default is the Air Creation with Friday Harbor.

This is puzzling, as my saved states usually work fine.  By any chance are you using a flight saved by FS Recorder?  Do you use the Autosave function in FSUIPC?  My experience is that there are issues with FS Recorder saved flights but not Autosave ones or manually saved flights. You can look in FSX>PMDG>777x>Panelstate folder and see if you have three files there, all starting with the same name as your saved flight, one ending in ...FLT.0.rte, one in ...FLT.fmc and one ending in ...FLT.sav.  If they are missing or don't have "FLT" in them, reloading a flight won't reload the panel state properly.  You might need to run as administrator.  Especially a problem if FSX is installed in a program folder.

Also, is your initial startup panelstate the PMDG cold and dark state?  It is known to be buggy.  Even if you modified your startup state, if it is based on the PMDG C & D state it could cause problems.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I do not use the cold and dark for this aircraft. When I load it the engines are on and everything is ready to go for me to set the fms and so on  up for a flight. I have FSUIPC and it does auto save.They do not however usually work right and end up loading my aircraft after its already on the ground, or a completely different previous flight.  How do I disable that? Also, if I have FSUIPC why am I still getting g3 dll ctds(those are what mostly crash this aircraft and my brand new Carenado Beech 1900). Maybe I need a newer FSUIPC?I do not save the panel state for most of my 777 flights with that FMS feature. So do I need to still look at that? Also, how would I even run this as admin? I start FSX via the FPS booster program. 

I have FSUIPC and it does auto save.They do not however usually work right and end up loading my aircraft after its already on the ground, or a completely different previous flight. How do I disable that? Also, if I have FSUIPC why am I still getting g3 dll ctds(those are what mostly crash this aircraft and my brand new Carenado Beech 1900). Maybe I need a newer FSUIPC?I do not save the panel state for most of my 777 flights with that FMS feature. So do I need to still look at that? Also, how would I even run this as admin? I start FSX via the FPS booster program.

You don't need to save the panel state separately -- it is done automatically when you save a flight either manually or using Autosave.  The first thing I suggest you do is check if save is working properly by looking in the FSX>PMDG>PMDG 777x/Panelstate folder as I described earlier.  If the files are not there, maybe FSX is not writing them (or reloading them) because of all of Windows' "protections" for programs installed in a program folder. PMDG and others recommend installing in a different location.  Mine is in C:\Flight Simulation Programs\FSX and I don't have a lot of issues that many others do.

People have had problems with FSUIPC and the T7, so it would be a good idea to make sure you have the latest version.  If that doesn't help, PMDG people have recommended deleting the FSUIPC.ini file and letting it rebuild (or better, move it to another location so you can put it back if it is not the problem).

I have not had a problem with autosave; it does create all the proper files, including those in the PMDG panelstate folder.

I don't know about CTD issues or the dll you mention, but since you are having issues with another aircraft as well, you might do better resolving CTDs in the FSX CTD forum.  However I would guess this is a separate issue from why your T7 flight won't reload properly.

I'm not familiar with the FPS Booster program, but certainly you can start FSX without it.  Click on its icon and choose "run as administrator".  Honestly, I think a lot of issues arise because people have so many addons.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I know I can run FSX without the booster as admin,but if I do so running FSX yields less than desirable effects(saving a pmdg 737 flight or opening up any menu's like to look at flight progress etc  sometimes results in graphic corruption of that aircraft with flashing screens and other problems. It never happens when the booster is running).When I get a chance I will check on the save files for the 777 then report back here with the results As for the dll I mentioned FSUIPC is supposed to have a built in feature that stops that kind of error from occurring. That however is not the my priority for the moment as I'll likely  just buy the newest FSUIPC and see what that does(mine is quite old) http://www.eiresim.com/forum/index.php?topic=1073.0 That mentions the dll if you were curious about it. 

Ok I looked into the PMDG  file. I see rte, fmc and sav. I assume these are what you were looking for? 

I'll likely just buy the newest FSUIPC and see what that does(mine is quite old)

Hi Ryeaves,

Should be free if you already have a paid copy of the FSX version.

Ok I looked into the PMDG file. I see rte, fmc and sav. I assume these are what you were looking for?

If they also end in "Flt,", for example "FLT.0.rte," "FLT.fmc" and "FLT.sav" with the same name as your saved flight, they should be good.  When you reload your flight, if it doesn't act right try loading the panel state with the name that is the same as your saved flight (using the FMC), put it in slew until the countdown is over, and then see if it works OK. 

Only other thing I can think of is do you have the highmem fix line in your FSX.cfg file?

However, given what you said about the NGX and the Carenado B1900, seems like you have some more general problems with your setup.  I am not very knowledgable about the other issues you describe since I don't have them, and as I said I'm not familiar with FSX Booster.  You might want to try the FSX forum -- give all your system specs and describe what happens with your NGX and Carenado  - the T7 sounds like the least of your problems. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I will try that. However, as I have said before I do not usually save the panel state with the FMS.

From what you are saying, the panel state, consisting of the three files in FSX>PMDG>PMDG 777X>PanelState, are already being saved properly.  So I am just suggesting that you load that panel state when you reload your saved flight.

I found a review of FSX Booster that says that this program modifies your FSX.cfg file and unmodifies it when it closes.  It seems to me you could just copy FSX.cfg while FSX is running with FSX Booster, close FSX, and paste back the version you copied while FSX/FSX Booster was running.  That way the tweaks FSX Booster puts in would be permanent and you wouldn't need to run it each time.

Here is the review on Avsim.  You have to scroll down a bit to read the actual review:

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/fsx-booster-2013-version-14-r1702

If you are using Windows 7, you can find FSX.cfg in something like the following directory.  Be sure to make a backup of it before you start:

C:\Users\[YOUR_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Okay I will see what I can do with the 777 and I'll try that out as well and will report back when I can  with the results. Thanks for the tip. 

Sorry for the late response. So far so good with the aircraft. I will report back here if I do encounter the problem again. Thanks for the help. 

I am running into this same issue. Never happened before. But aircraft just tumbles. Would really like to find a fix for this!

I am running into this same issue. Never happened before. But aircraft just tumbles. Would really like to find a fix for this!