Sign in to follow this  
tsss

In Search of Christian Stock's TMF Manual

I've been searching for a copy of the old "TMF Manual" by Christian Stock. Every reference to it seems to end up saying it's available from the Avsim file library, but a search there doesn't turn up anything. I tried Google and Bing searches all to no avail. Anything that talks about it says to get it from the Avsim file library. Could someone kindly give me a pointer on how to locate a copy? Thanks!

Hello:

After major portions of the file library were reportedly lost as a result of the "AVSIM hack" a few years ago, the size of AVSIM's file download availability was significantly reduced, and resulted in many authors apparently not re-uploading their originally contributed content to the AVSIM domain.

A particularly valuable resource for the MSFS scenery development community by Christian Stock has yet to re-appear at AVSIM since the AVSIM hack occurred.

However, Terrain Model File (aka "TMF") information that was initially described in the "FS2000 / CFS2 Terrain Model File Documentation" by Christian Stock in "tmfdoc.zip" (still) available at:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=42974

Hope this helps ! :smile:

GaryGB

Thanks, Gary, it does help albeit indirectly. It's very old and the information presented doesn't really appply to what I'm trying to do, but it helps to know I'm covering all the bases and not leaving the one stone unturned that's hiding the golden nuggets.

Thanks for the help.