Sign in to follow this  
vantorens

2d panel lag

Hello

When using 2d panels from any aircraft, everytime I click anywhere on the panel image itself or the outside view, or 2d side views, the sim will stutter or lag for more or less a second, then resume normally. But it won´t happen if I undock the panel from the main screen. When I click End Flight it also flashes the upper part of the panel for a second.

It happens with a clean fs9 install and the computer is brand new. Any suggestions?

My specs

Intel IvyBridge i7 3770 with 8GB

GPU Nvidia GTX760

Thanks

Marc

Hello

It happens with a clean fs9 install and the computer is brand new. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Marc

Presumably this was not happening on your previous PC?

So just a couple of thoughts ....

Are you using the same operating system on your new PC as you were using on the old one?  Or have you now moved to Windows 10 which, for some people, can give various anomalies?  Also, are you using up to date drivers for your graphics?  If you are then maybe try using an older version.  For me I find that a version of nVidia drivers from a couple of years ago give me better performance than newer ones.

OOPS!  Just noticed that I should have addressed this reply to GeneralPickle.  Guess this is what happens when an old thread is resurrected.  But please don't apologise for resurrecting it - despite what others might say there is no problem in doing this!!

Dijvid

Presumably this was not happening on your previous PC?

So just a couple of thoughts ....

Are you using the same operating system on your new PC as you were using on the old one?  Or have you now moved to Windows 10 which, for some people, can give various anomalies?  Also, are you using up to date drivers for your graphics?  If you are then maybe try using an older version.  For me I find that a version of nVidia drivers from a couple of years ago give me better performance than newer ones.

OOPS!  Just noticed that I should have addressed this reply to GeneralPickle.  Guess this is what happens when an old thread is resurrected.  But please don't apologise for resurrecting it - despite what others might say there is no problem in doing this!!

Dijvid

Well, first I have Windows 8.1. I hear a lot of stories that a lot of software gets messed up when you upgrade, so I've decided to stay with 8.1. Also I am kind of against downgrading my graphics cards drivers as I do also play more recent games, which requires the higher drivers. I may give it a try, thanks for the help!

Well, first I have Windows 8.1. I hear a lot of stories that a lot of software gets messed up when you upgrade, so I've decided to stay with 8.1. Also I am kind of against downgrading my graphics cards drivers as I do also play more recent games, which requires the higher drivers. I may give it a try, thanks for the help!

Edit - This problem also occurs when I use the brakes, or if I stall, when the 2 little red boxes pop up. That also causes a lagspike.