Sign in to follow this  
Guest ap9dm1

Odd behaviour in Instant Replay

Guest ap9dm1

Here's a petty one for you; When doing an instant replay of a landing in FS9, why do the control surfaces and nosewheel remain stationary? And here's another petty one; when in that same replay mode, when I move the joystick (Wingman Force 3D), why is it that the control surfaces respond, BUT the nosewheel does not?Strange - eh?Del.AMD64 34001Gb RAMRadeon 9800SE 256MB <- useless piece of junk!etc.etc.etc.

Guest lemonadedrinker

I think in the I.R thing it just takes the last configuration of the plane and runs it through like that. I read somewhere that it isn't a video or anything like that- the computer saves code as it goes and then when you want a replay maybe replays the code with the last skin of the plane.Perhaps the nose wheel has to be on the ground to turn?

Guest Slacktide

>And here's another petty one; when in that same replay mode,>when I move the joystick (Wingman Force 3D), why is it that>the control surfaces respond, BUT the nosewheel does not?Probably because the wheel is animated using the c_wheel tag instead of a rudder tag. I'll bet it does the same thing when in the air and you move the rudder, or on the ground not moving and you move the rudder.Dan

MSFS's replay facility has been buggy for many years :(. Sometimes the undercarriage retracts during a landing replay.Not a lot of people know this: Fuel is being consumed during the replay :-eek. Yep, it's buggy!! :-lol

Guest panda234

and where do the ai aircraft go to? And why do gpws horns blare in replay but they didn't when I was landing? And why sometimes when I press escape to go back to realtime do I get a nosewheel crash when it did't crash when I landed it? Hmmmmm, way to complicated for me. :-)billg

Guest ap9dm1

Yeah it seems MS haven't conquered the replay aspect, which is a shame especially if you use Active Camera - it would be nice to see the detail of a particualarly good or bad landing!I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember that FS2002 had better instant replay (i.e. you could see your control surfaces move) ??? Perhaps an FS2002 guru could investigate.Del.EGPH

Guest ap9dm1

:-lol Fuel is being consumed during the instant replay .... fabulous ... whatever next!You just have to laugh and love FS9, surprises abound! DelEIDW