Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

To the top of Everest

Guest flight

Recently I downloaded the XtremeBush flight and just finished all the flights. One of them was to the top of Everest. Well, to do this in the Cessna 208 Amphib. is no small feat. By the time I was finally able to make it over the top, I had 2% fuel, or less, and was crawling along at less than 60 knots. Inside the cockpit you couldn't even hear the engines, they had become a faint "whirrrrr". When I finally made it over the top, I more or less had to gauge the wind, and it more or less "floated me sideways over the top of the highest peak. I had strap chutes on the back of the passengers I had w/ me (forgetting about the default weight FS gives you) w/ their luggage, and bleed the fuel off little by little in order to get just enough lift to finally make it over the peak. It took me several hours, but was well worth it. I'm not sure this would be possible in real life, but I used the parameters given within FS9 with no cheating. It was very delicate near the top. One little move in the wrong way would've cost me virtually hours of painstaking patient flying (or floating, if you will). Several times I had to make long circles to maintain my height and get pointed back at the highest peak. I hope you will bear w/ me as I post a few screenshots, as if in celebration. Why did I do it? Because it was there! Oh, by the way. I had just enough fuel to make it to the small lake the adventure suggests after climbing to the top of Everest. In fact, I ran out of fuel over the lake mid-bank to a landing on the water.Ironically, if you look at the last pic, a Boeing flew directly overtop of me as I passed over the topmost summit. Almost in salutation!

Guest flight

"sigh"You need to check out that guage again.Cheers mate!