Sign in to follow this  
stu7708

Issues when using VoxATC and Aivlasoft EFB

Hello everyone.

Last night I purchased VoxATC and have it up and running with almost everything working as it should.

Did two short VFR flights without issues but when I tried to do a full IFR-flight with SIDs and STARs I encountered a slight hick-up that I want to run by the community, although I suspect I know what's causing it.

The flight, as saved in FSX, is a short hop in the Twin Otter Extended from ESSA to ESNN via LUMAX (SID termination point for north departure), DEGAL and OKLEV (Initial STAR Fix for southern arrival), parked at Gate S 72.

VoxATC initializes as it should, I can listen in on ATIS, and contact Clearance. Clearance assigned me runway 19L and the expected LUMAX4Q departure after a successful radio check.

I then plugged the LUMAX4Q departure into Aivlasoft EFB, thus changing the flightplan in FSX, and after that VoxATC stops responding to my radio calls for push back and engine start. I can also add that the color of the text for my request changes from the initial green color indicating that it picked it up correctly (I assume). VoxATC also responds promptly to any request for push back and engine start or taxi clearance from AI traffic.

I also tried to start my flight at ESNN with a plan to ESSA with the appropriate fixes along the route, but on that flight I waited until after receiving clearance for push back and engine start before plugging the departure into the EFB, only to experience a total lack of response to my request for taxi.

Am I correct in assuming that it is the fact that Aivlasoft EFB changes the active flight plan in FSX that is causing this issue? Are there any ways to get around this without disabling the function in the EFB to update the flight plan in FSX?

Kind regards

Mikael Stockfors

Hello again.

Disregard my post above. Last night I was able to fly the flight from ESNN to ESSA without issues, right up to the moment I had to contact Ground at ESSA after vacating the runway. 

So it looks like there are some kind of issue between VoxATC and Aerosofts Mega Airport Arlanda Scenery. I've decided to contact the guys at VoxATC to see if they can come up with a solution.

Kind regards,

Mikael Stockfors

Hello again.

Disregard my post above. Last night I was able to fly the flight from ESNN to ESSA without issues, right up to the moment I had to contact Ground at ESSA after vacating the runway. 

So it looks like there are some kind of issue between VoxATC and Aerosofts Mega Airport Arlanda Scenery. I've decided to contact the guys at VoxATC to see if they can come up with a solution.

Kind regards,

Mikael Stockfors

So, sir,

What did you find out?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

So, sir,

What did you find out?

Chas

Oh, that was a blast from the past.

If I remember correctly it was an issue at ESSA due to multiple ground stations and "non-standard" naming of the stations.

The one I was calling was named GROUND WEST GROUND, and using that failed. The solution was to remove the initial GROUND from the call and just using WEST GROUND, or possibly even using only GROUND, and then it worked fine...