Sign in to follow this  
Guest goon

Best starter AC?

Guest goon

Further to my post of a few weeks ago, my future father in law is coming round for another go on FS. I am, however, struggling to pick the best aircraft for Tom to start on.I have CH Yoke and Throttle, a bunch of GoFlight stuff, and some makeshift rudder pedals.Does anyone have any suggestions for the best AC to start Tom on? I'd like him to learn on VC.I have a hangar full of payware and freeware stuff, and can't decide on the best one. Anyone done this, and if so how?Cheers,Gareth Evans

Ok, first mistake is when you said Future. Do you realize every time he crashes he will curse you for introducing him to this. ;-)Seriously, have your Fiance teach him, and make it her fault when he gets addicted.Nothing good can come of this. Your future Mother-In-Law will curse you because you introduced him to this. Every time your future father-in-law won't come out of his room to do chores, it will all be your fault.Get out now, before it's too late, tell him your computer broke, tell him you're broke, get out while you can. Run Forest Run.... :-) :-) :-)*************Ok, I had my fun, so here is my take.You want him starting on something easy so have him start with the default 172, and have him go through some of the lessons with Rod Machado, and view some of the King Video Tips, etc.... That is how I've gotten people addicted. (Que evil grin)Then once he's abused that piece of crap aircraft, move him up to the RealAir 172 here in the library. You can also swap out some of the files of the default one, and switch them with the RealAir and then take the lessons. better Airfiles, etc....Remember the hardest part will be his landings, so the lessons can help him out quite a bit here.Best thing you can do however is ask him what he wants out of it. Find out if his love is for learning how to fly, punching holes in the sky, or VFR Eye Candy. If you really want to wow him, after he flies again on FS, congratulate him by giving him a 30 Minute flight at the local airport. You'll be in good with him then. ;-)Good Luck,JoeJOIN The AVSIM RTW RACE FLIGHT TEAM****************Grab My FREEWARE Cessna 172 Voice recognition Profile here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

As said, start small.Default or Flight1 C172 or Flight1 C152 are natural trainers (after all, their realworld counterparts are trainers) and have excellent FDEs as well as panels (2D and 3D).Aerosoft Katana falls in the same category.

Guest goon

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking the Katana might be the best, as it has a very good view out of the cockpit, and the flight model is very forgiving.Thanks again,Gareth Evans