Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

A solution to stuttering???

Guest SoarPics

Hi Paddy,"The trouble with this kind of "booster-programs" is, that they will work OK for some people, while being a disaster for others, strongly dependent on computer configuration and default programs used."Yep, and folks all too often simply install a program like Game XP and then let it change their configuration without knowing all that it is doing. One should certainly study thoroughly what an app like this will do before turning it loose on their system."BTW: What's your opinion about "FSAutoStart"?"An absolute must have for any gamer!. Easy to configure, light on the resources, simple to undo any actions one makes during the initial set-up of FSAutoStart (a quick reboot returns the system to it's previous state), and frees up the system to handle a high-demand game like MSFS. Also usable with any other game/app.Cheers,Greg

Something has caught my eye...Do you have one of those rather fancy keyboards, with volume control, etc...?I have one which was originally part of an HP system that I morphed into a homebuilt system. Back when the keyboard was part of the HP Box, the driver caused a pronounced stutter. I noticed this line:O4 - HKLM..Run: [KBD] C:HPKBDKBD.EXEWhich leads me to believe you have the same thing running.If you disable this, the extended features of the keyboard may not work, but it may resolve the stutter. If it doesn't work, you could always reenable the entry.-John

Guest paddy

Thanks Greg, for your positve reply on FSAutoStart. Going to download an try it out!Cheers,

Guest sb55mv

I woulden't mind knowing if this works, did you try it yet ?"I have a quickie for you to try, Un-Plug you're Internet connection for Safety, then go into you're MS Config and Un-Tick anything relating to AVG or Grisoft, then re-boot and try the usual flight again, in both Full Screen and Windowed mode, and let us know how that goes.then try turning UP you're scenery settings bit by bit.do report back though, I'm dying to know how this test goes."