Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel Pimentel

Requesting advice regarding an upload without permission...

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey there:As around 10,000 of you know, an "Ultimate American Airlines A300-605R package" was uploaded to AVSIM recently. I was not notified in any way, shape or form that my paint was being bundled in it, I found out when I saw it. I decided not to mind it much, since it couldn't be any harm.Upon further inspection though, I noticed the author did not include my readme or the AA disclaimer I attached with the file, which concerned me since it said that the file could only be uploaded on AVSIM and Flightsim.Com. I tried contacting the author, but he never responded. Today the file showed up on FSPLANET, which is exactly what I wanted to avoid. Considering the abuse, I asked that the file be pulled from AVSIM, but now I have to fight the battle with FSPLANET to get my paint off of there, if it's even possible.Any advice as to what I can do if they get annoying about it (FSPLANET)? I know some of you have fought this fight before, so maybe you can help.I am rather displeased that one distributes the stuff for free, yet people can't honor the ONE request I made: To keep the file off FSPLANET. It is really sad that one has to go through this... I'd also like to get the word out about the abuse, so if I can't get my file off it'll be clear that the violation was there.Comments appreciated.Daniel Pimentel.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Daniel,A couple of points... If you had a problem with the upload to AVSIM *** AT ALL *** from the beginning, you should have sent an email to library@avsim.com on the first day. I saw your banter with Eric, so from my perspective, I assumed the upload was okay by you. If that was not the case, then you should be aware of our "no questions asked" policy on removing uploads upon contention by another. If there is any question about the copyright, authorization or originality of a file, then we'll remove it from download in a heartbeat.Secondly, Ferdy and crew have no regard for author's wishes as regard distribution. One of their staff most likely downloaded the file from AVSIM and promptly made it available on FSplanet. Obviously, we have no control over that. Until folks stop visiting FSplanet, or until such time as the community wises up and starts boycotting, enmasse, FSplanet, they will continue their practices of poaching files.Unless you have a lawyer in Spain, there is not much you can do to change the situation short of telling the entire flight simulation world about the thievery of FSplanet (and that is what it is). Thievery!

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Tom: Thanks for your response. I did send an E-mail to the library managers to pull the file, since I initially hadn't realized the author excluded my documentation from the paint. Hopefully I'll get it removed from here promptly, since I think it's unfair that the guy handled things like this. I'll have to let it slide regarding FSPLANET, I suppose. It's sad that it's come to this though... Kind of discourages me from contributing to the community. But oh well, it happens, I guess.Now, what I want is to speak to Mr. Serafino about the permission and the exclusion of the documentation. However, he hasn't replied to any of my e-mails, so I guess the abuse shall continue. I will make sure that if it does, however, it'll be known far and wide. It's all I can do. :)Regarding the talk with Erick, we were joking around... :) Don't mind it. We get along great. He's just a **. :-lolDaniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

" Kind of discourages me from contributing to the community. But oh well, it happens, I guess."What would happen do you reckon if Ferdy and crew started ripping off, oh I don't know, let's say PAI files and started putting them on FSplanet? PAI starts threatening Ferdy and demands they pull the files off his site? And he blows them off, ignores them. Is PAI going to sue him? I doubt it. Is Ferdman and crew going to get away with it? Most likely. What's to stop him? The wealth of PAI and smarts of their lawyer (in this example)? I most sincerely doubt it.The only thing that is going to stop Ferd dude and his buddies is for users to stop visiting thier site. Simple. But, we haven't reached the point of concensus on the subject. Until the authors themselves band together and publicly boycott Ferd boy and crew, then this stuff will continue. And I am sorry you were a victim of it, once again.My editorial for the day... :)

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Tom:As an update, I got a response from the author just now, hopefully we'll get things worked out...DPhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)