Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

2.1 City Lights textures and Autogen

Hi All,

I'm loving V2.1 particularly the smoothness and lack of blurriness I have with FSX. I have noticed however that autogen comes into view at a reduced radius compared with V2.0.

My question to the smart ones among us:

Can anyone identify the textures for the cities, I'm really referring the night textures as P3D have designed their ground night textures to show or glow in the dark from a greater distance and I've even seen a red glow reflecting on the clouds at times. Problem is though I like FTX Global textures for everything else and would like to keep the P3D original city ground textures. Since I'm sure V2.1 autogen pop up radius has reduced I don't see any city lights now using FTX Global textures until the vectored street lights pop up into view. And the vectored street lights popping into view at close range is rather annoying, I can't even turn these vector lights off on FTX Central so they are always on at night for me.

I've noticed that AI strobe lights dim away in the distance very quickly at night in P3D compared with FSX so Ai Traffic are not visible at night which I kinder miss. Does anyone know how P3D do their runway strobe light effect since they are visible from a greater distance. I've looked in the effects folder hoping that I could copy their setting to the fx_strobe file. However P3D must not use an effects file method for the Runway end strobe effect.

thanx

Iceman