Sign in to follow this  
jer029

Help with night terrain texture problem

I'm unable to find the cause of certain apron areas around airports turning brown color at night.  These are fine in day - gray and snow-covered like the other areas.  In night settings they turn brown.  I do use DX10, and have Steve's DX10 fixer application, but I still get the brown with that application.  I also get it when I turn off DX10 using Steve's program.  This problem is not specific to a single airport.  It happens at night in all seasons.  I've checked for missing textures but the program reported none missing.  This file is part of stock airport files in scenery folder 0202.  It appears to be positioned correctly and the entries in Scenery.cfg appear consistent with other files.  I've tried disabling all scenery files above this folder, but still the problem. I use various orbx sceneries, and GEX, but like I said - I've disabled all of the stuff available in the scenery area in FSX that is above 0202 folder.  I've even checked the dates of the files in this folder - but none appear recently modified.

Attached is a picture showing the problem.

Thanks,

John

post-208703-0-99262800-1392567438.jpg

After continued checking - it appears that this is basic scenery for FSX and appears on all stock airports with the same brown (tan) night coloring.  I've loaded fsx on a second system without addons and it has the same colors there.  I guess I've just spend too much time flying around orbx regions.