Sign in to follow this  
revporl

Flight plans with waypoints and atc

I have recently installed XP9 as a replacement for FS9. My PC could not run the XP10 demo but XP9 works a treat,I am really impressed with the performance.

Its definitely more "hands on" with little to assist and its interesting having to develope flight plans without assistance. The ATC is OK too, in terms of vectors to finals, certainly no worse than the FS9 default.

However what I can't work out is how to submit a flight plan with waypoints to the ATC. I can see how to submit direct routes, but if I try and fly via navaids etc (which you have to on longer flights) it will tell me that i Am off course. Its strange that the atc wont accept multi leg flights when you can put them into the FMC/GPS. Does anyone have a work around for this?

Thanks,

Paul

New user side note:

...I know how to put a "direct to" destination into the GPS using the "D with arrow" button.

...I haven't figured out how to put anything but a "direct to'' plan into the GPS.

...I figured out how to put a flight plan (.fms) into the FMC using its' ''LD'' button.

...I haven't figured out how to input a ''Route'' that is acceptable using the ''File Flight Plan" window.

BK2000-Not tried this but might work in XP9 http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429684-xp-planner-loading-a-flightplan-in-the-default-gns-430/

Ok, after a few days experimenting the closest I can get to filing plan with waypoints in XP9 ATC is to choose VFR, if you do this it will let you fly a flight plan without mithering you about the route, but it won;t give you vectors to final on approach. It's a bit of a trade off.

It would be great if there was a way of interfacing RC4 with XP9 but from what I gather progress got stuck with that one.

Any other suggestions?

Paul

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.