Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

Keyboard command to turn FSX ATC sound on/off?

Is there any way to utilize a keyboard command to toggle the default FSX ATC sound on/off?  The reason I ask:

I use Radar Contact for all my IFR flights.  And I have the ATC turned off in menu/options.  Otherwise, I will hear the FSX ATC controllers speaking on top of the RC controllers.

But there are occasions when (as in real life) I want to cancel IFR and fly the remainder of my flight  via VFR flight rules.   Since the current version of RC does not handle VFR traffic, when I cancel IFR,  I have to momentarily disrupt my flight in progress and access the ATC sound option in the main menu and turn it back on.   I'm wondering if there might be a way to accomplish this via a keyboard command.   I checked the keyboard assignments listed in the Controls section of the menu but did not find any option for this purpose.

Any information appreciated.

I don't think you can do what you asked but a work around is to set your radios to COM2. RC will still use COM1 but all FSX ATC wil come over COM2.  Now simply tune a frequency on COM2 that is not being used by FSX.  Now if you want to hear FSX tune in COM2.  If you cancelled RC you can just switch back to COM1.

Tom