Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Buttons/switches not working on second monitor

I'm using P3D v1.4 with 2 monitors, a main monitor standing on top of my hardware panel, to show the outside view and a secondary monitor, built in my hardware panel to show the main gauges from the virtual panel.

I got most of the controls setup with hardware controllers, mainly Saitek, but the buttons and switches that I havent got room for on my controllers, I have to operate by mouse and here's the problem:

For a lot of aircrafts, like the ones who use G1000 displays, I do have to use the mouse to control switches on the virtual panel, on the gauges view on my secondary monitor, but on the window on that monitor, the virtual switches and buttons don't work. Also the mouse pointer doesn't change when moving over clickable items.

I thought to just switch both windows to the other monitor and change the camera view, but than P3D also changes its recognition of both windows and makes, what was first the main window, the secondary window and what was the secondary window, the main window.

I also tried to run the program on my secondary monitor, so the menu bar is on the second monitor and than stretch the program to the first, but than the menu bar stretches with it the program window and ends up on the main monitor, making that, again, the main window.

How do I get my windows setup on my monitors, in such way that I can operate virtual switches, by mouse, on my secondary monitor? Or even better, can I make the virtual switches usable by mouse in all windows?

Cheers!

Maarten