Sign in to follow this  
barryoo

Opus Client Control Problem

Sounds like you do NOT have a correct SimConnect installed on your client. Otherwise it would be able to connect. Please use our SimConnect.msi on your client system to install the SimConnect library.

Do not use a SimConnect client or any other link to the main server system. Just the local FSX, FSUIPC4 (not configured to do anything), and OpusFSX, running the FSXCLIENT.

you cannot do anything until you have set up and configured your client system so that the FSXCLIENT program can connect to its simulator.

Please show me your FSXCLIENT configuration and confirm you do not have any links with the server system, if in doubt unplug the LAN cable. But you need the full SimConnect installed with FSX SP2 on the client, just as you have on the server which is connecting to its simulator.

This MUST be sorted first.

Stephen

Do not bother clicking on the options until you have the SimConnect link sorted and both client and server systems set up correctly. The pause is to be expected because your SimConnect is not installed correctly.

I assume you are not attempting to link the client and server using any other software or directly with SimConnect clients or FSUIPC4 utilities. OpusFSX will create its own networked connection and that's all that is needed. Apart from the OpusFSX link between the FSXSERVER and FSXCLIENT programs, the two systems are completely separate.

Stephen

to Opis Software:

reinstalled the Opis SimConnect.msi over the top of the already activated SimConnect v10.0.61259.0

main server is shut down. Just the local client computers FSX, FSUIPC4 (not configured to do anything), and OpusFSX, running the FSXCLIENT.

I can not do anything......

In all of my many years With Windows up to Win 7 x64 I have never used print screen or known where to find the image.

Opis FSInn client configuration: server name: FSXSERVER, per Stephen: no checkboxes enabled, including Run in high priority, Microsoft FSX button: enabled,

Clients FSX address: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, (that's all)

LAN cable on client unplugged.

SimConnect installed? I guess you mean the opus SimConnect.msi that is installed;

FSX SP2 Installed? I expect you to consider FSX Acceleration as a substitute for SP2 if not then let me know.

To Stephen: The link thing is difficult to answer. Yes the FSCUIP4 on the server also has WideFS installed but I have not recently bothered to install it back on the client.

I think that should not be a problem now with the clients network cable disconnected. "still getting client spy error HRESULT E_FAIL".

What are you doing with FSInn ? I assume you are NOT using this.

Our program is called FSXCLIENT.exe.

Neither do you need WideFS or anything else that makes any form of connection between your FSX on the server and your FSX on the client.

Without giving more details there is not much I can help you with. Your FSXCLIENT must be able to connect to your FSX.

Run FSX on the client, then when its all up and running, run the FSXCLIENT program and open its Spy window and you should see it connect to the simulator. Just like you see the FSXSERVER program do on the server system. Of course FSX must be running first.

You must have the Live View and Live Camera options Enabled in the FSXCLIENT Configure dialog.

You will not be able to do anything unless you sort your client system out with its FSX and a SimConnect installed correctly.

If I were you I would install the FSX SP2 upgrade anyway as your FSX may not be up to date.

Stephen

Just download and install the latest FSX Service Pack 2 as there is something very wrong or incompatible with your FSX installation. Our SimConnect.msi is the latest up to date version. That only leaves your FSX installation.

Stephen

FSInn is a typo error, should have read FSXClient, the client did not care if the live camera, live view is checked or not - the SPY still produces the error Message. I will install FSX SP2 and only use the Opus SimConnect and see what happens.

With a lot of additional effort, I entirely reinstalled a new copy of Win 7 x64 with all updates including SP1, FSX, FSX SP1, FSX Sp2, the latest version of FSCUIP4 and Opus FSI Client ver. 3.43.1. All drives and directories are shared by everyone. FSI Client configuration has Run in high memory, Enable live Camera, and Enable live View boxes checked.

Running the clients computer FSX in windowed mode, The Opus FSI SPY: "SIM Link 1, 2, and 3 established with simulator".

Running the clients computer Opus - Configuration - Test: The clients aircraft has engine running but the Test function does nothing.

QUESTION: There are no SimConnect programs listed under Win7 Control Panel - Uninstall or Change a Program. Since Opus FSI spy has reported Sim Links is there any reason to run the clients OpusFSX SimConnect.msi?

QUESTION: The clients OpusFSX OpusFSX.msi has not been run on the client. Therefor there is no listing under win7 Control Panel - Uninstall or Change a

Program for " OpusFSX FOR FSX and Prepar3D Flight Simulators ver. 3.43.1" (this program is only installed on the server computer. Do I Need to Also run the OpusFSX.msi on the client?

Step through the GS Guide for Networked PCs.
Make sure you have ADDED the Everyone user group and granted Full Control in both sharing and security permissions.
(All this Is in the GS guide).

No need for Run in High Priority so turn it off unless you have good cause to use it.
In order to run the Live View Test on the client and then server you must FIRST establish the full network links between the FSXCLIENT and FSXSERVER program's on the two machines (as mentioned above).

You obviously won't find SimConnect listed as this time you have installed it correctly as part of your FSX installation. No need to run our SimConnect.msi now that yours is installed and connecting OK.

No need to run the OpusFSX.msi on the client for reasons given in the guide. Its NOT licensed on the client so does not need to be installed, and copying the OpusFSX folder is enough to initially get it going. But be careful when upgrading else you might overwrite client files. Best read the guide.

Establish your connections now by configuring the Number of Clients to 1 in the FSXSERVER program's Configure dialog.
Run FSX then the FSXSERVER program on your server.
Then run FSX and wait for it to load on the client.
Then run the FSXCLIENT on the client.

If you have configured the FSXCLIENT and set up your systems correctly the client should connect to the server with green links.
After the client FSX has been initialised and synchronised then run the client LV Test, then run the server LV Test.

As I have already said, tune your LV scan rate on the server as described in the guide. Just follow the guide very carefully.
Make sure you have set up your client FSX and system correctly in accordance with the guide.

Don't reinstall anything if you think something is wrong, there is no real need.

Stephen

I am now able to create one camera window on the client although the Opus FSI server gives me an error message that It can not save the camera configurations to the client computer. This may be something I can work out by better reading the camera pdf. file. I consider what I have now a great success. I can jury rig a second camera on the client by simply opening a new window from the clients FSX menu and moving that window to a second client computer monitor. Everything works, using five monitors. (server panel monitor, server windscreen monitor, client left window monitor, client right window monitor, and last - client monitor five for Maps, VATSIM and etc. Thanks to the outstanding support received from Opis.

Thank you very much for your hard work.

This is again a problem with your set up.

Please follow the Getting Started Guide for Networked PCs and set your sharing, sharing permissions, and security permissions.

You MUST follow all the steps very carefully and set the sharing and permissions on both server and client systems for both the FSX install disk and folder, and the OpusFSX install disk and folder. Make sure you Add the Everyone user group to each of the permissions (both sharing and security permissions).

You must also enable all the other needed File sharing network options and make sure your Firewall is not blocking access. Make sure you are not running an AV program etc..

Stephen :smile: