Sign in to follow this  
conura

Thrustmaster t-flight HOTAS okay for airliners?

Hey all,

Just getting back into simming and annoyingly my old X52-pro is broken, as I packed it poorly when moving home.

I am not into any twitchy aircraft and am looking for a cheap, effective method for airliner control. I know the Boeing aircraft use yolks but for now a cheap joystick will do.

Does anybody have experience with the aforementioned device - and is it okay for controlling large heavies? I understand the rudder is on the throttle which, in theory, sounds okay...But is it as intuitive as a twist rudder?

Hope you can offer some advice!

I am interested in that, I bought a Thrustmaster joystick with the throttle. Love the throttle, not sure yet about the joystick yet, although the rudder seems okak and I'm not running FSUIPC. Not sure if I'm going to send it back and get a control column yet. My intro section of PMDG 777 says if you use that program, let FSX set up the joystick. I'm hoping that you can still assign all the buttons on the throttle and joystick.