Sign in to follow this  
RaffaeleFiore

AI custom jetsounds not working

Hello.

FSX Acceleration and Traffic2005 FSX update installed.

All of Traffic2005 AI aircraft replaced with custom models (EVAI, TFS etc.)

All of flightplans compiled from the ones downloaded here at Avsim and anywhere else available.

All of AI traffic is displayed and works normally.

Then I decided to upgrade my Ai traffic jetsounds and here came the trouble.

I did all what had to be done (created soundai folders, alias the soudai.cfg and so on) but I always hear the monotone default AI sound (the one from the .wav file in the main FSX\Sound directory).

In an extreme attempt, I even copied both .wav files and sound.cfg file from the B737_800\soundai folder to the soundai folder of my AI models, but no go.

Looks almost like there's something preventing sounds from the soundai folders to be played, but I'm now at a complete halt and can't figure out what such a 'something' could be.

On my old computer (where I was running a full installation of FS9 and a simple installation of FSX) I remember I did something similar and it was working, and now, on the new one, where I only have a fresh & clean FSX installation (plus ORBX Global and Vector only), there's no way to have AI custom jetsounds played .....

All of my AI aircraft are installed in FSX\Simobjects\Misc, as they should be (i suppose). The only one thing I haven't tried is to move some AI a/c to the \Airplanes folder and see if its custom sounds are played as 'sound' (and not as 'soundai'), but as far as I know that's not the way these things are supposed to be done (not to say about the mess which would result in the \Airplanes folder...).

Any hint? Thanks in advance.