Sign in to follow this  
Guest rici

VFR photographic scenery

Guest rici

Hi all, I am trying to install the VFR photographic scenery by justflight but I am having some problems with the installer. The problem is that the installer keeps on asking for me to insert the correct CD at the validation screen. Now looking at their forums they suggest to update your mother board chipset drivers and to disable any antivirus software. This is because it can interfere with the safedisk system just flight uses.I am using AVG antivirus, and I disable this, turn off windows XP firewall so I don't think that this is the problem. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-7N400V pro, and I am using the latest chipset drivers, 2.41.I have emailed them but they suggested to update the chipset drivers (which I had done already) I was wondering if anyone else out there had a similar problem or knows what else I can do? CheersRich

What kind of CD/DVD drive do you have? A small number of drives are simply not compatible with Safedisk though that should really not be a problem. with any decent drive :-hmmm

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest rici

I'm using a generic DVD ROM drive and an ASUS CD rewrittable drive. I had a problem with FS2004 were it would install but when I tried to start it kept asking for the correct CD to be installed also. This couldn't be solved and microsoft had to email me a no cd fix. This is wierd, it hasn't happened with any other program but it's really starting to annoy me!!!CheersRich

And it doesn't matter if you install from the Asus drive or the DVD drive?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest rici

No it doesn't matter, it doesn't work with either the Asus or DVD drive. The exact spec's of the drives are:Compaq DVD ROM GD-2500 ASUS CRW 5224ABut if neither of them are working then I don't think it could be a problem with the drives. I don't know what else to look for though?Thanks for your helpRich