Sign in to follow this  
s0cks

Blurries and terrain redrawing

Hi guys,

I've recently been on a learning experience by trying out X-Plane 10. It was a fun experience, but at the end of the day I'm a low and slow kind of guy and Orbx's sceneries are just too good to give up. One thing I enjoyed immensely about XP10 though was the absolutely stutter free flight, no blurries, and nothing popping into view or reloading in view. This at the very least gives a better sense of flying.

So back to P3Dv2. I mostly have everything running fine, apart from 2 problems:

1. Blurries. Ground textures seem to lag behind even @ slow speeds of roughly 120 - 140kts. Changing view exacerbates the problem. Are there any tweaks to help relieve the problem, otherwise what settings should I be looking to reduce? I notice core 0 does nothing, 1 is almost always @ 100%, and in time of blurries cores 2 & 3 are 90-100%. Once the textures have loaded core 2 and 3 drop back down to 60-70%. It seems odd that this happens in P3D but not FSX, especially as they changed scenery to load on a different core (if I'm remembering correctly).

2. The terrain redrawing itself. I often find that when I'm looking out the window of my plane I can see mountain tops changing shape as I get closer - in fact they change shape quite a lot. Assuming there is no earthquakes or terraforming happening at the time, is there a way to solve this too? I assume the simulator is loading more detail about the mesh as I get closer.

If I could solve these two issues I would be a relatively happy camper. I don't mind reducing settings a bit, I have most sliders between midway and the right. I always monitor GPU and CPU when tweaking and for the most part I'm confident the GPU is not overloaded (cloud shadows are staying off for this very reason). The CPU is the bottleneck, but this has always been the case since who knows when. I don't have a beast of a machine (i5-2500 @ 3.4GHz + GTX770 + 8GB RAM) but for the most part, my rural flying gives me a solid 30fps (limited to 30fps in-game).