Sign in to follow this  
m303803

three 46" TV setup with NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB?

I've currently got my Lenovo I3 laptop hooked up to a 42" Samsung LCD TV (single VGA) and enjoy the experience of flying FSX Acceleration.  My friend at work convinced me to upgrade to a gaming desktop so I'm actually zeroing in on a Digital Storm ODE (Better trim) which has a GTX 780 3GB video card.  What I'm trying to figure out and been unsuccessful thus far is whether or not I will be able to hook up 3 televisions to this new desktop so I can have an Forward, Left Wing and Right Wing (or simply forward view expanded) to increase my immersion experience when flying. 

Does anyone know how to do this? All I need is a schematic and a list of chords to make this happen, or at a minimum someone saying "no you will need two video cards".  I'm not really all that tech savvy so my browsing thus far may have contained my answer I just haven't been able to realize it yet.

Thanks!

BK

I've currently got my Lenovo I3 laptop hooked up to a 42" Samsung LCD TV (single VGA) and enjoy the experience of flying FSX Acceleration.  My friend at work convinced me to upgrade to a gaming desktop so I'm actually zeroing in on a Digital Storm ODE (Better trim) which has a GTX 780 3GB video card.  What I'm trying to figure out and been unsuccessful thus far is whether or not I will be able to hook up 3 televisions to this new desktop so I can have an Forward, Left Wing and Right Wing (or simply forward view expanded) to increase my immersion experience when flying. 

Does anyone know how to do this? All I need is a schematic and a list of chords to make this happen, or at a minimum someone saying "no you will need two video cards".  I'm not really all that tech savvy so my browsing thus far may have contained my answer I just haven't been able to realize it yet.

Thanks!

BK

The GTX 780 should handle those three TVs without any problems either as three separate views

or united as one wide view using the nVidia Surround set-up.

You will just need a couple of adaptors to get all the cables connected (DVI to HDMI or whatever).

The usual problem with TVs is getting acceptable antialiasing and colour.

Since you have been using the 42" already I guess you have figured that out.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks ! This was helpful. The amount of thinking that went into the 42" setup was: let's see there is a plug that fits both my laptop and TV...yes there is.plugged it in.great it works ! I don't even know what antialiasing is and I can say Ive had no issues with the color.

The amount of thinking that went into the 42" setup was: let's see there is a plug that fits both my laptop and TV...yes there is.plugged it in.great it works

Yes, that approach often works. :)

I don't even know what antialiasing is

Basicly how sharp on screen lines and edges are.

Things should go a lot smoother and certainly look better if you use three TVs of the same Make/Model.

If you ever want to do nVidia 3D Surround they must to be the same Make/Model.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.