Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Flight

Slow frame rate

Hello to all

I currently own a copy of prepared 3-D v2.2 and for some reason I am getting very poor frame rates and would like to know if it is due to my system which I will detail.

Motherboard gigabyte 990 FXA-UD3

CPU is a AMD Fx 8320 OC to 4.2 GHz

8 GB of Corsair vengeance 1600 RAM

GeForce GTX 760 graphics cards in SLI

hard drive is a Western Digital caviar Black 2 TB

CPU cooler is the Corsair 80i

any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello to all

I currently own a copy of prepared 3-D v2.2 and for some reason I am getting very poor frame rates and would like to know if it is due to my system which I will detail.

Motherboard gigabyte 990 FXA-UD3

CPU is a AMD Fx 8320 OC to 4.2 GHz

8 GB of Corsair vengeance 1600 RAM

GeForce GTX 760 graphics cards in SLI

hard drive is a Western Digital caviar Black 2 TB

CPU cooler is the Corsair 80i

any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't know what others on here will say,  but for me getting rid of my AMD FX setup and going to an I7 was like night and day as far as FSX and P3D goes.

Unfortunately this is not an option for me as I have just built this PC and cannot afford the I7 set up I also have X Plane 10 64-bit which runs at around 50 frames per second down to a minimum of 35 frames per second when in high density areas and so I cannot understand why prepared 3-D should be struggling to run at 20 frames per second both are running with as far as I can get the same setting

Your system setup looks good, I have a GTX 760-4gig card running a I5-4670k with 16 gig.  My frame rates i have set at a static 60.  It pretty much runs 60 until I load Majestic Q400 or something to that effect anfd then it pull down to around 35 to 40.  My question for you would be do you have your P3D setting maxed out?  Also, some like me when they started out with P3D tried to setup their configs like we did with FSX.  Bottom line - not worth it and can cause issues.

Hi there

Thank you for your input this is how I have my prepared 3-D setup I have not altered the default settings i.e. from it's original load I have implemented the config tweaks but before doing so run a test with 100% stock settings apart from three add-ons which are active sky next, Rex4, and Orbix global Iceland demo looking at your comment and the previous one on wondering if it is a AMD issue as when I am using my X plane's 10 I'm getting frame rates of anywhere between 30 and 60 frames per second depending on how much cloud and scenery I am in or could it just be that the stock settings in prepared 3-D are set too high not sure!.