Sign in to follow this  
longeneil

737 ngx freeze and cresh to desktop

Hi all

Very frustrated --- just bought a brand new pc designed for fsx... Have installed pmdg 737NGX and love it - however, it freezes and crashes after about 20 minutes. I get the dreaded circle, freeze then crash. This has happened when inputting data in FMC on the ground and also while flying in the air. Desperate for this to be fixed. I'm new to this addon so I don't know if there are any obvious things I should be doing or should know about. I would really appreciate any ideas on what to do next :(  Cheers. 

just bought a brand new pc designed for fsx

Starting with the usual things:

Did you install FSX in the default FSX path (C:/programs/etc...)?  If so, are you running FSX as an admin?  If not, right click the icon next time, and try "Run As Admin."  That usually fixes most issues.

Did you give yourself admin rights to the FSX folder? (if you're not sure how to do that, see here)

Do you have an anti-virus program?  Is it configured to ignore your FSX directory and .exe? (if you're not sure how to do that, google it, since just about every program does it differently)

Kyle Rodgers