Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightplan

GA-Traffic User Problem

Guest flightplan

Hi, I tried posting this in the "GA-Traffic" forum here on AVSIM but did not receive any response. Please be patient - this is a long post.I created an airport using "AFCAD2" by Lee Swordy. I used the program "Rwy12" by Israel Roth and Seev Kahn to place various objects in and around the airport. Everything is where it's supposed to be and the animated objects are working. I made eight parking places that are not obstructed by anything. I created a few AI flightplans using "TTools" by Lee Swordy and the tutorial "Making Flight Plans from Scratch" by John Goodwin. The traffic showed up and parked OK.I came across "GA-Traffic" and thought it would be nice to have a program generate flightplans for me. However, I seem to be missing something in the user guide. I've read it many times trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. What I want to do is assign one or two aircraft to fly to two or three other airports and create simple flightplans. I highlighted the aircraft I want in "GA-Traffic", adjusted the other settings and chose my airport. When I generated the flight plans and decompiled the BGL file with TTools, I got the following report in TTools:-1. 23761 airports-2. 185 aircraft-3. 52013 flightplans-4. 141376 legs :-eek I can't figure out why so many flightplans are being generated with all the airports and aircraft. Maybe this is the way the program is supposed to work. I'm not sure if I can choose just one or two aircraft and adjust the settings in order to get just a few flightplans to a few airports. :-hmmm If you read this post, I thank you for your patience. Any Help, tips, hints, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Tom :-zhelp

GA-Traffic is used to generate *global* traffic using a number of algorithms, not just flights from one or two airports -ie. it generates traffic for every single airport in the world. This is why you get so much traffic.My .bgl file:Airport count: 23801Aircraft count: 76Flight plans: 46724 Legs: 1588845

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest flightplan

HI,Thanks, Jimmi for your reply - it makes sense that the "GA-Traffic" program would create global traffic. I took a good look at the flights plans I generated and they are very good. I can use all or some of a single plan. Thanks again.Tom:-)

Guest flightplan

Hi,Thanks, Jim, for your response. I will definitely check out the program you recommended. I appreciate the replies I've received in this forum. They have been very helpful.Take care,Tom:-)