Sign in to follow this  
Guest hengchun

Sporty's Chart Viewer problem

Guest hengchun

Hi all, I just purchased Sporty's Chart Viewer and not able to use it. I keep getting script errors and also "ActiveX component can't create object" errors.I have W98se with IE 5.5 (I know, I know, but my system is very stable) and have tried all security settings on low, have lastest version of VBscript...all to no avail.Unfortunately I am in Taiwan, so not so convenient to call Sporty's. Seems like I remember someone else on the forum having a similar prob in the past, but my searches (on the web and on the forum) have come up empty. Thanks for any help, Randy ATaiwan

What version of Adobe Reader are you using. Don't use the latest version 7. I was having the same problem with the latest version of Adobe Reader. I removed the latest version and reloaded Adobe Reader version 5.1 and Sporty's Chart Viewer works fine. Something about Adobe removed Active X in Version 7 that some programs that use Adobe reader needed. Hope this fixes it for you. Brad Storm

Guest hengchun

thanks for your reply Brad...actually I'm using ver 5.0, so not a problem there.Any other thoughts?Randy>What version of Adobe Reader are you using. Don't use the>latest version 7. I was having the same problem with the>latest version of Adobe Reader. I removed the latest version>and reloaded Adobe Reader version 5.1 and Sporty's Chart>Viewer works fine. Something about Adobe removed Active X in>Version 7 that some programs that use Adobe reader needed. >Hope this fixes it for you.>> Brad Storm

RandySorry that didn't fix it. Do you have a folder in Acrobat (C:Program FilesAdobeAcrobat 5.0Reader) that is labeled Active X? It has three files in it. The pdf.ocx was the one that was giving the error message with Sporty's since it was missing when I had version 7.0 installed. In fact that entire folder was missing in Ver 7. When I had my problem, I did a google search on the error message I was recieving and that's how I figured out that for me, Ver 5.1 would work. You might try the same. Good luck. Have you emailed Sporty's with your problem? If you email me, I will attach my Active X folder. It isn't very large. Brad bdstorm@erols.com

Guest hengchun

thanks very much Brad for your help, I've sent you a private email. I upraded to 5.1, but same prob. Probably need to upgrade to IE 6 sp1.I can't find an email address for Sporty's on their web site..only phone numbers. thanks again, Randy