Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Moving aircraft on map while flying IFR

This bugs me......if I am in IFR from point to point and I want to shorten the flight, I move the plane via the icon on map to some forward position, when I go back to the cockpit I have lost the flight plan and have to use direct to approach..........is this the way it is, or am I doing something wrong?? Some of these flights get to long and dinneris cold and so is she!!! Appreciate tips on staying in the same flight plan.........thanks

Guest UweR

Hi, try to not slew the plane, but use time acceleration (after you acknowledged an ATC hand off without contacting the new center).

Uwe, thanks for the advice, but as a kinda newbee, when I move the plane icon, is that called "slewing"?? and to get to time acceleration, how do I do that?? If I can get this to work, I can make a variety of flight plans and practice landings at new locations without taking hours of routine flying......this should be a big help to everyone so would guess that many will take your advice.......thanks, Dick Leonard

Guest Stainless

Hi there,The time acceleration is under options -> Simulation rate on the top menu bar. You can only have a maximum of 16x while on autopilot though.

Guest RonB49

>The time acceleration is under options -> Simulation rate on the top menu bar. Or press "r" followed byt the "+" sign (to speed up time) or "-" (to slow time down). The current time rate, (if other that X1) will display in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. R-

Hey thanks, will try this shortly, I assume this just speeds everything up so the aircraft follows same plan, just faster........what about the ATC giving you directions, etc., have to be listening carefully?? regards

Guest UweR

Hi,the "procedure" is the same for unattended flight as well as accelerated flight:Fly "normally" until ATC hands you off to another center. Acknowledge the handoff, but don

Guest RonB49

>Moving the aircraft on the map should be called "warping", "beaming" or "tunneling".You're right Uwe, we need a new term for this action. Live long and prosper. R-