Sign in to follow this  
Guest gian36

How to plan a flight with stops??

Guest gian36

Hi, I'm new here. I don't know if this is the place to post this or if it has been posted before, if it has, sorry. I'd like to know if there is a way to plan a flight with stops to refuel with the flight planner. I'm planning to do a huge trip in which I will need to realisticly refuel in a certain airport. I want that ATC guide me to that airport, then to the other one. I want to go from Las Americas, Dominican Republic to Panama, then to Buenos Aires, Argentina. Please help.

Each stop will require a separate flight plan. This is also true in real life.--Tom________http://mysite.verizon.net/tjrush/tjrcaasig.jpgWhen once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been and there you will always long to return. --- Leonardo da Vinci

Tom

Guest KChapman

While you can create an overall flight plan that shows the flight paths between each of your airports, you won't be able to file and realistically fly that flight plan in FS. If you're going to fly it IFR, ATC will treat you like you're flying the entire tour at once, giving you no descent or guidance into your first destination airport. They will simply expect you to overfly each field as though it is a waypoint enroute to your ultimate destination. If you file and fly VFR, you can take your tour with some level of success by positioning your aircraft at the departure airport, selecting your overall VFR flight plan, and saying No to repositioning your aircraft at the beginning point of that overall flight plan. You'll at least get a reliable GPS flight plan line that way.Some drawbacks:* As stated before, no IFR ATC* F10 Navigation log is useless (even more than usual)* As Tom stated, not real-to-lifeHey, if that's what you want to do, don't let me be a party pooper! You might take the above points into advisement, but you can (without ATC guidance) create the flightpaths visible in the GPS. No matter which way you go about it, have fun. :-)Happy flying,Kevin

Guest gian36

thanxs for the help. I'll do separate flight plans. I don't want to start another thread, but how can I add the gates, I mean the bridge where we walk to board a plane at the airport. please help.