Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Multiplayer - other player jumping around screen

Guest Jock in a Frock

I posted this in the Multi-player forum 3 days ago but got no replies (does no-one ever go in there? There seems to be cobwebs across the entrance...)I've set up a Multiplayer game between my PC and my step-son's on our local LAN (which is running 10MB/s Ethernet).While connecting and flying is not a problem, his plane jumps around the screen a lot on my PC, and mine jumps around on his.I suspect this is a bug in FS2002 (which we both have), and is resulting from incorrect positional information being sent across the LAN.Does anyone else suffer this bug, and if so, is it still present in FS2004?Would using a separate server program (such as FSHost) solve this?

Try setting both systems FPS lock at around 24, this might help. usually this has to do with lag from what I have experienced with MP flight set up this way. I have found that the MP experience is a lot better in FS9 than it was in FS2002 (heck, everything is better than it was in FS2002, LOL)Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW