Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

ISO a good MD-80 pair

I have decided to fly the MD80 for a while. I am willing to buy a good one. I expect from some reading that I have done that I will have to match a panel and a model.Can some of you who have flown them, or who have read good reviews about them, recommend a a great model and panel. (I understand they may not be the same developer.)Which MD80 model do you like best?Which MD80 Panel do you like best? (please specify if the Panel has an FMC. I don't have to have it, but would like to know.)Thanks for your time to answer the question.DM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>>I have decided to fly the MD80 for a while. I am willing to>buy a good one. I expect from some reading that I have done>that I will have to match a panel and a model.>>Can some of you who have flown them, or who have read good>reviews about them, recommend a a great model and panel. (I>understand they may not be the same developer.)>>Which MD80 model do you like best?>Which MD80 Panel do you like best? (please specify if the>Panel has an FMC. I don't have to have it, but would like to>know.)>>Thanks for your time to answer the question.>>DMWell, MDMax imho is the best MD80 panel, in both system complexity and flight modeling. The autoland implementation is beautiful :)It doesn't have a FMC yet (expected in a few days, to be bought separately).The product is aimed exclusively to hard-core simmers (it's more complex than PMDG);Check this thread out:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=243802&page=2Here some screenshots:http://xoomer.virgilio.it/murmur/Here's the site, forums, etc:http://lnx.mdsuper80.com/index.phtml

What about a good plane to install it in?What do you think about the MadDog 80 'final' release they announced? Think it will make that panel the panel of choice, or is the MdMax still the one to go with?DM

>What about a good plane to install it in?>If you mean an External Model, I know people merged it with SGA model, although after resolving some compatibilities issues. Search in their forums on this subject.>What do you think about the MadDog 80 'final' release they>announced? >Think it will make that panel the panel of choice, or is the>MdMax still the one to go with?>If you mean Lago Maddog, I don't own it, but from what I heard, everybody says MDMax is more complex and in general better than it. Although, as I said, MDMax can be fully appreciated only by hard-core simmers, so someone may prefer Lago Maddog who comes with a good external model too.