Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

vapanelselect.exe crashes !

Any of you know how to fix this error I'm getting ? Voxatc worked fine  then today bang.

Here's the error :

Application: VAPanelSelect.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.ArgumentException

Stack:

at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(System.String, Boolean)

at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(System.String, Boolean, Int32, Boolean)

at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(System.String)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Init(System.String, Boolean)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo..ctor(System.String)

at com.intworkings.voxatc.AircraftTypeImpl.SetupAircraftTypesInFolder(System.String)

at com.intworkings.voxatc.AircraftTypeImpl.SetupAircraftTypesFromConfig(System.String)

at com.intworkings.voxatc.AircraftTypeImpl.SetupAircraftTypes(System.String)

at com.intworkings.voxatc.AircraftTypeImpl.SetupAircraftTypes()

at com.intworkings.voxatc.AircraftTypeImpl.Load()

at VAPanelSetup.Form1..ctor(Boolean)

at VAPanelSetup.Program.Main(System.String[])

Thanks

Never had this so - Just a guess on this from the error and what you said.  If it worked and then stopped (and it appears related to panels), did you make any changes to aircraft or settings or reinstall something between the time it worked and stopped?

Does it crash when you first choose the panel option or after you select aircraft to update panel and click to have it added?

That would likely be the source of the error (though not narrowing down the cause).  I believe I had some payware addons that used to not install the panel - so I had to install them manually on those aircraft.  This can be done easily enough be duplicating an existing panel working with Vox - just make sure to adjust the new panel number to match the next open one in your new aircraft which will likely be different than the one you're using as example.

Make sure you're base file settings for Vox are still set correctly - I forget now - but if there's a setting for your Base FSX folder - make sure it's set correctly.

If it worked and then stopped (and it appears related to panels), did you make any changes to aircraft or settings or reinstall something between the time it worked and stopped?

I installed the austrian airlines livery using the OC (pmdg 777), Loaded the plane,the flight and voxatc threw up an error.something about not recognizing the plane...I then uninstalled votxatc ..reinstalled and it did not work anymore.

Does it crash when you first choose the panel option or after you select aircraft to update panel and click to have it added?

When I launch Vox atc  panel setup (all programs,voxtatc, vox atc panel setup) I get a popup which says initializing then after a split sec the vapanelselect has  stopped working appears and the only option i have is  "close the program".

I might suggest that that's probably the problem aircraft then.  I would suggest looking at the panel that its using and compare to another functioning aircraft panel with voxatc in stalled.  Remove any voxatc additions currently in the flawed panel setting for that aircraft and manually install it as I previously described (unless you can figure out by looking at it why the voxatc default panel - if any there - isn't working correctly.  Manually installing or editing panels allows other configuration like 'type=special' which keeps a window from disappearing when you switch views.  That's handy with vox - that you want to be there on all views unless you specifically close the vox window.

Hint:  There should only be two voxatc panel windows added to the panel.cfg - which I think is in the aircraft model folder (one for the actual interaction, and the other that shows the history of vox transmissions).  Just make sure that your new panel entries are numbered consecutively starting at the next available number after the last number for the panel windows already defined in your particular model that you're editing.  LIke I said - it will likely be different than the one you use as a sample.

Some of those complex addon aircraft confuse voxatc panel config utility, then I just install manually - but I don't remember them crashing the whole config utility though - just not installing anything if I remember on past versions.  I suspect it's a limitation of voxt - not a deficient install (if other aircraft installed panel correctly).  Reinstalling vox won't fix it.  Try manual examination and correction of the panel.cfg file.

Oh...and as always with such things - back up your panel.cfg before messing with it.

John