Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

KJFK Scenery AFCAD problem

Guest gian36

Hi again. I have tried to apply an AFCAD file to the KJFK airport, the problem is that the AFCAD file isn't aligned with the airport. I mean, the airplanes appear inside buildings or parked in the taxiway or another area. I don't know what's the problem. when I restore the airport to the original one everything fixes. Do I need another file with the AFCAD one?? Is there an AFCAD file aligned with the airport?? What are the solutions to these problems?? please help, thanx.

Guest Charlie Hall

You might have installed an AfCad for an add on version of KJFK (unless you have an add on KJFK?). Try a different one. I found 3 from different authors that would appear to be suitable for the stock KJFK in the library here at Avsim. Just search the library with KJFK. I found over 50 files so you need to look through to find what you want. You don't need any other files for the AfCad to work, it just has to be the right one. Try them all one by one to see which you like best.

Yes, make sure that you find an AFCAD file made for the DEFAULT airport if that's what you have. There are freeware versions of airports as add-on scenery and their AFCADs will NOT be compatible with the FS2004 default KJFK airport or with each other (most likely anyways) as each add-on scenery might have slightly different building placements or additional buildings, taxiways etc...The other thing to watch out for: If you accidentally had installed another AFCAD for KJFK, perhaps in your FS9ADDON SCENERYSCENERY folder, then you'll have two AFCADs which will conflict. The best way to search for duplicate AFCADs for your future use is with the following search string: " *KJFK*.BLG " -note the asterixes at BOTH ENDS of the airport code as afcad files are not always named in a standard fashion but usually have the full 4-letter airport code as part of the filename.Hope this helps.John