Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapHavoc

Looking for Alaska Coastal Airlines info

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Anyone know of a web site devoted exclusively to Alaska Coastal Airlines? Found a gazillion links to partial information (even photos of the old Juneau dock hanger), but nothing encompassing the entire operation. Any and all links most gratefully accepted.TIA.

Guest KChapman

Alaska Coastal Airlines Inc 1873 Shell Simmons Drive, Juneau, AK 99827 (907) 789-7990 (907) 766-2646 Haines (877) 359-2467 (toll-free) kjsim@jci.netMaybe you can give these folks a call at the toll-free number or send an e-mail inquiry to the above address and ask them for good URL's and/or information packets.Hope this helps,Kevin

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Thanks, Kevin (think the toll-free might be null and voided by the fact I'm in New Zealand :-lol). However, they're not the crowd I'm particularly interested in (they've just appropriated a very well-known name). Alaska Coastal Air were very strong in the SE Alaskan Panhandle area during the 1950s-60s, eventually merging with Ellis (mid-1960s) and finally being absorbed into present-day Alaska Airlines in the early 1970s(?)There is, of course, some material over on the Alaska Airlines main site, but little operational detail. Suppose I'll have to fire off an email to them and see what transpires. Thanks once again.

Guest KChapman

Toll free. New Zealand. :-doh Alaska Coastal Airlines. Alaska Coastal Air. :-doh I wish they had a smilie swinging a baseball bat and missing a pitched ball... Oh, well. I'll keep my eyes open for you, but a well-composed e-mail and some intra-corporate forwarding luck seems your best bet at the moment.Hope you find your pot o' gold,KevinP.S. Don't worry, if I see anything of substance, I'll let you know in this thread as I'm not afraid of strike three. :)

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy Kevin,:-lolAlaska Coastal Airlines. Alaska Coastal Air. :-eek My Bad! I should have typed Airlines.As for the email, that looks like the way to goand, as such, have started composing one.Thanks very much for the offer to keep alert to any leads; much appreciated.As for strike: three ... nah!

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Have just discovered a local (Alaskan) aviation historian in Juneau is in the process of finishing up a trilogy ("Pilots of the Panhandle") which deals with the development of SE Alaskan airlines 1925-1968 (up to the ACA-Ellis merger with Alaska Air).Am now attempting to contact the author via the Alaskan Historical Society in order to pick his brain; sometimes, it helps being a "card-carrying" historian in this simming business :-lol.