Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Lock At 20Fps, Async & Triple Buff On

I believe it was Rod (Spirit) that offered the following setup that MIGHT help:

Set FPS to 20

Async ON

Triple Buffer ON

As they say - It worked for me.

If, in the past,I tried Cloud Shadows my FPS would drop to the point that I was watching an old Laurel & Hardy movie. Now I fly through clouds and my FPS stays steady at 20 fps and NO stutters. Is this balancing resources? Or something else. While those that may use this, and have success, we should really discover WHY. I have not varied the settings as I try old FSX areas and Orbx Regions (aka fat). No issues with scattered could cover and the cloud cover slider set at MAX. I have not messed with the Cloud Map slider which is at Low.

Now for the next goody. Rod also recommended eliminating all overclocking. So I tried this which took by I2500k 4 core from 4.2ghz to 3.3ghz. I saw no difference in visual or the completely steady 20FPS going in and out of clouds in Orbx Regions. Now the Turbo feature occasionally stepped in and took it ro 3.9ghz and at times it also went down to 1.6ghz. If your room is on the warm side this last thing may make you less nervous especially when P3D run core-0 at max for a few seconds.

The point is that, as they say "It Worked For Me" - well so far with 20 minutes of testing. Oh, KSEA is having a strong thunder storm. 15fps there!!

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA