Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobsk8

FS stops loading at 13%

My FS2004 is configured so that the "Previous flight" is set as the default flight. Doing this, FS always starts where I left it last time. In addition, SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN is set to 0, so the opening screen does not appear.Since I have a lot of add-on sceneries installed, my FS often stops loading when the progress bar is around 13% (sometimes 11, or 15) and it is blocked. The only solution is then to stop it through the task manager, set SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN to 1, re-start and select a FS default flight. FS then starts, and I select "Previous flight" to come back to the previous situation.It is a pain, and it is unpredictable. Sometimes it happens when I stop FS on an add-on scenery airport, sometimes not.Any info about the possible cause of this problem is greatly welcome.Eric

Guest bobsk8

I had a similar problem the other day, only mine would barely start loading very slowly and then XP would shut FS9 down, syaing it encoutered and error. Turned out to be some missing tree textures that one of my add on sceneries asked for that I had not loaded yet. Might try starting at a different airport and seeing what happens.