Sign in to follow this  
ap1

Lax Gabre8

Hello, I have been trying to fly this departure but can't seem to know how to fly this.  It says to intercept SLI radial 345 I think threw radar vectors.  So will I have to plug in SLI VOR in the airplane and  intercept the radial or is there another way to do it? Thanks.  P.S. For some reason, I still seem kind of confused with how to fly SIDS and STARS with RC.  This stuff seems complicated.  And also, I'm sorry I'm making threads a lot, but unfortunately this stuff seems to be confusing me and on certain routes, I'm not sure what to do.  Thanks for all the help.

If you're cleared for a Standard Instrument Departure, you often don't get radar vectors anymore during the SID. So you will have to intercept the radial "on your own". Depending on the plane you're using, there may be some automation available where you can program the interception into.

EDIT: Wait, the chart says 'expect radar vectors', so ... AFAIK RC will not issue a heading instruction, due to the nearby SLI indicating a departure procedure. Even if RC gave you a vector, it would probably be too late for you to intercept the radial before you overshoot it. So no radar vector in this scenario, I assume. You'll probably have to "vector yourself" onto the radial.

Generally speaking, since RC isn't aware of any SID and STAR details, you should get yourself some leeway via the options on the controller page (DEP with/without altitude restrictions or even by enabling NOTAMs).

And pls. keep asking ...

Edited by olli4740

If you're cleared for a Standard Instrument Departure, you often don't get radar vectors anymore during the SID. So you will have to intercept the radial "on your own". Depending on the plane you're using, there may be some automation available where you can program the interception into.

EDIT: Wait, the chart says 'expect radar vectors', so ... AFAIK RC will not issue a heading instruction, due to the nearby SLI indicating a departure procedure. Even if RC gave you a vector, it would probably be too late for you to intercept the radial before you overshoot it. So no radar vector in this scenario, I assume. You'll probably have to "vector yourself" onto the radial.

Generally speaking, since RC isn't aware of any SID and STAR details, you should get yourself some leeway via the options on the controller page (DEP with/without altitude restrictions or even by enabling NOTAMs).

And pls. keep asking ...

Hi, thanks for the reply.  What I'm thinking of doing is going on skyvector and creating custom points to line up with the radial.  I have done this before.  It just can sometimes take a while since I have to find the right place.  I then input this info in FSX.  Another thing I can maybe do is since GABRE I think is more than 30 miles, I might be able to have RC vector me, it probably just won't line up with the radial.

If it's more than 30 nm out, then RC will probably issue a "cleared direct SLI, resume own navigation" at one point in time.

Before that, since 30 nm+ is no 'automatic' departure procedure in RC, you will probably get cleared for a takeoff like "fly runway heading" or maybe a couple of degrees off left or right (depending on which one of the parallel runways you are using).

Could actually be pretty close to the RW dep chart ...

If it's more than 30 nm out, then RC will probably issue a "cleared direct SLI, resume own navigation" at one point in time.

Before that, since 30 nm+ is no 'automatic' departure procedure in RC, you will probably get cleared for a takeoff like "fly runway heading" or maybe a couple of degrees off left or right (depending on which one of the parallel runways you are using).

Could actually be pretty close to the RW dep chart ...

What I was saying that the waypoint GABRE is more than 30 miles and I could take vectors there.  I don't think SLI is a waypoint, you just have to intercept the radial off of it.  So I guess I can either set up a custom point or take vectors to GABRE. 

Ooops, my bad!

If your navdata is rather current, you can enter GABRE as a waypoint in your FMC(?).

And if GABRE is in the FSX database, you can create a native (FSX) flightplan for RC, including GABRE, and RC should clear you to it. If that is not possible, you still have the NOTAMs option in RC.

Ooops, my bad!

If your navdata is rather current, you can enter GABRE as a waypoint in your FMC(?).

And if GABRE is in the FSX database, you can create a native (FSX) flightplan for RC, including GABRE, and RC should clear you to it. If that is not possible, you still have the NOTAMs option in RC.

Actually, I'm not using any FMC.  I have the default GPS.  But anyway, what I was saying is I could go on skyvector and create custom waypoints to intercept the radial from SLI to GABRE.  Also, my FSX is current.  I updated the navdata for free.