Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamesJ

Uninstallation question(s). Jim (ASky) - you there?

Hi folks. This will be a simple question for you guns out there...In short, I'm having numerous "issues" with my FS9, and not being PC-savvy, have decided to do a full uninstall, and start over.My question is - I have a few add-ons, namely:ActiveSkyPMDG 737F1 ATRUltimate TrafficShould I remove/delete these prior to my uninstall of FS9, then install FS9 and re-install all the add-on's, or shall I just leave them as they are on my PC, do the FS9 thing, and try to find exe. (?) files after and run the add-on's again?Will I need to re-install the add-on's from the discs even if I leave them on the PC?ActiveSky was a download - will I need to do anything "special" with that? (JIM?)Did that gibberish make sense?Any help/advice would be appreciated. I need to take the simplist approach possible, irrespective of time/hassles.I want my baby back!!!!....and running properly again.Many thanksTim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

not sure about active sky, but i can tell you about the other 3, none of the files will be remoed by uninstalling FS9, the PMDG 737 will wrk fine when you reinstall, but you will need to ninstall and then reinstall the ATR and UT (do it before or after you do FS9, it shold not matter). before you do this i would back up your UT data file and aircraft, and any repaints for the ATR including the aircraf.cfg, that way your UT assignments should be OK and you will not need to run text-o-matic hundreds of times to put everything back.

Thanks Bruce - appreciate that.Why would I need to un- and re-install the ATR but not the PMDG? Jusr curious, that's all.Would it do any harm just to uninstall the three you mention anyway, and re-install them them when FS up and running? From your comments I presume not.I'm trying to do this as cleanly as possible....CheersTim

Hi Jim.AS worries me a bit with this mucking around I'm doing, because it's not just a case of chucking a disc in the drive and clicking Run!I've got four or five AS files under "Programs", but I'm at work and can't remember their names...I presume when FS is reinstalled, I go to these files and click on something that will reinstall it? Assuming these file names are the same on everyone's PC's, are you able to tell me the name of the file that I should look for to perform these actions?I don't recall seeing one called "Uninstall Active Sky" or similar, but if you tell me it's there I'll go home tonight and look harder.ThanksTim

Hi Tim,AS creates an entry in the Windows Control Panel: Add/Remove Software listing. Please use that.For the reinstall just use the purchased set-up file and then the latest Update. You DO NOT need to install the Update in between.And Tim, one more thing: in about 24 hours the family and I are going on Spring vacation. I may not be around after this. Don't think that I just left you hanging. If you need more help, go to our fourm here at AVSIM and start a thread. A team member will be along to further help you out!!Good luck! Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Have you tried deleting the fs9.cfg file and letting a new one be built? That usually solves any problem for me..JamesJ

Thanks Jim - have a great holiday.Look forward to hearing about it when you get back.CheersTim