Sign in to follow this  
wa3pnt

Soliciting Comments on PC Configuration Change

I have the following PC that I'm about to dedicate to FSX.

ASUS Maximux VI Extreme
Intel i7-4770K (no overclock)
32GB DRAM
2 - GTX580 (not running SLI on FSX)
Triple Head 2Go
3 - ASUS 27" LED LCD Monitors
1 - ASUS 24" LED LCD Monitor
6 - Samsung 250GB SSDs in IcyDock hot swap enclosure
2 - RAID0 C: for Windows, 2 - RAID0 D: for Programs, 2 - RAID0 E: for Data
Water Cooled CPU, GPUs, MB, and DRAM

I'm running Windows 8.0, have FSX installed on Drive D:\FSX, and Mega Scenery USA installed on Drive E:

Since this has been my daily driver computer there are numerous other programs and utilities loaded on the computer, along with anti virus, malwarebytes, Aquasuite, aida64, Open Office, etc.

I'm considering purchasing two more 250GB SSDs, removing the six currently installed, and loading the two new SSDs running RAID0 with only Windows 8.0, FSX, and then any other Add Ons on the SSDs.

Do you think this FSX ONLY configuration will provide better performance than the general use configuration I currently have?

Do you think that 500GB will be sufficient, realizing that with the IcyDock I can add additional RAID0 SSDs if more storage is required?

RodeoGeorge